Saturday, January 2, 2016

Glassy Art Journal Page

So I'm really very proud of this one. The picture doesn't give it justice. I like it because it turned out looking pretty cool and got to try new things while making it.

I made it for Avenue 613 challenge blog. Their challenge this week was to include music notes/lyrics/sheet music in the project. I like how I incorporated mine.

🎵 I started by painting my page yellow. (I had also stenciled some pearlescent white on top also, but you can't really see it)

🎵 While the paint was still wet, I laid the musical tissue paper on top.

🎵 While all that was drying, I found the image I wanted to use and ripped around the edges.

🎵 Next is the fun part. I stamped my page all over with a clear embossing stamp pad.

🎵 I poured clear, fine embossing powder all over it, shook it off, and put it under my heat gun. I did this three times until it got that glassy look.

🎵 Next I stamped around the edges of my page with the clear stamp again.

🎵 But this last time, I added iridescent embossing powder. It is really cool stuff. It makes your page sort of glow when you turn it in the light.

🎵 When the page was cool and set, I added the metal bird so it hung off the edges.

🎵 I also added the mulberry flowers with a copper flat back pearl in the middle and there you go!

Someone told me not too long ago that I should post some step by step pictures in my posts. Would any of you enjoy that?

No comments:

Post a Comment