Friday, January 8, 2016

Corrugated Cardboard

When I first started making artist trading cards, I was amazed at all the different materials you could use.
When I saw and felt the first corrugated atc someone sent me, I immediately went on Amazon and ordered some.

I'll be honest, I can't remember what I made. But I did come across the same Amazon cardboard while trying to organize my craft room. So I decided that it would be fun to make some pieces with it. I made three to show all of you.

The first one is an Atc:


I used one piece of corrugated cardboard as my backing. I water colored it lightly to get it that reddish color. I also used masking tape that I grunged up with
some chalk ink. I used the same ink to outline my image and word. I even ran my rik rak over some distress ink for an added touch.







Then I made a tag:


Again, I used the cardboard as my backing. I also added lace to break up the space. The image of the girl is raised by double sided sticky foam.























Lastly, I made what is going to eventually be the cover of a small sized art journal:



This one was super fun to make as it incorporated layers. Starting with my piece of corrugated cardboard, I added tissue paper, cheesecloth, and a book page. I used water colors to ink it. The butterfly and flower are made of chipboard that I painted and squirted with glimmer mist. I also put a light coat of crackle medium on the both. The word "laugh" came from a vellum sticker that I attached to painted chipboard. I added the buttons and viola!




I encourage you all out there, to give corrugated cardboard a try. I'd love to see any projects you do. Please leave a link in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment