Monday, January 25, 2016

Color Challenge #3

Thank you for checking out my third color challenge. I'm really having a lot of fun with these. I get to satisfy my love of a challenge as well as get some swapping done. 

My color palette was generated from colourpod.com:


For the swaps I had entered on swapbot, I needed to make two tags and an atc. I decided to make my tags the same size as an atc so I could use some pre-made backings. I looked through my stash and found several that would match my color scheme.


I made the atc first. There was no theme for the swap I made this for, so no limitations other than my colors. I chose the background I made that I call "alcohol ink dunk." I'll post a tutorial for that soon.

The embellishments and techniques I used are as follows:
🔹I used a few brads
🔹Some washi tape from the dollar store.
🔹I dabbed some alcohol ink on a piece of plastic and then embossed it. I       stapled it onto my atc. (It's difficult to see the embossing in the pic.)



My next two tags are for a swap that required an inspirational quote on the tag. We had to complete four tags in total. I made the other two in a previous color challenge you can see here.

In the first tag, I ended up using two of my pre-made backgrounds:
The bigger green star is a piece of chipboard that I cut out using my cricut. (Btw, I have bought the deep cut cutting blades for my cricut but it still doesn't cut through my chipboard all the way. Does anyone else have that problem and know any solutions?)


Here's my second tag:

This one is pretty simple. I used:
🔹Lace from the discount bins at Michaels
🔹A crocheted flower
🔹A few buttons
🔹And some fibers someone had sent me in a previous swap. I love getting     extras!


And there you have it! Now I've got to get started on this weeks art journal challenges. I added another sites (Color Me Positive) weekly prompts to my personal challenges. I, of course, would love it if you checked out my entries during this week.

In my text post, I'll be sharing another tutorial so make sure you check back for that also!

No comments:

Post a Comment