Thursday, January 28, 2016

Color Me Positive Catch Up

I found another 2016 weekly art journal challenge online last week, Colour Me Positive by Lulu Art. It looked like a good and fun one so I joined. I've been working all week to catch up and now I'm posting my entries for the first three weeks.

The prompt for week one was to use an image or words for something you were grateful for in 2015. 

My family and I went through some rough times in 2015 but in the end, we're still all together. So "being with my family" is what I'm most grateful for:

I decided to do a grid with some elements. Before I added the words, I laid a stencil across the whole page and sprayed some glimmer mist. I think that brought it all together.


The next prompt was to use a silhouette. I decided to do an idea I've been wanting to for awhile:

I saw the idea of making a button tree on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for this challenge. I had my cricut cut out the tree silhouette out of a cereal box. (Since I can't seem to get my cricut to cut chipboard all the way, I thought this was a good alternative.) 

I added the buttons and the quote and viola!

As you can see, I've decided to put my entries in a kraft binder. I also made little tabs to go in between each page. I made them on my iPad and then laminated them.

The third weeks prompt was to use lyrics from a song. My favorite music artists since I was a teenager have always been Simon and Garfunkel which is a little odd since I'm only 36. (I think I missed my era.) Anyway,one of my favorite songs is "Flowers Never Bend With The Rain" and I wanted to use lyrics from it:

I used texture paste in the back and book pages for grass (or whatever it is.) I sprayed with ink sprays and then added blue paint where the grass things weren't.

I had fun with these prompts and look forward to more. I should have week 4 posted with the other three (the DLPembrace your art, and journal52) up by the end of the week.

Btw, is anyone reading this doing any of these art journal challenges also?

No comments:

Post a Comment