Thursday, January 14, 2016

Art Journal Challenges 2016 - Week 2

Like I said in my last post, I worked super hard over the weekend (and some last night) to get caught up on these art journal challenges. So here is week 2. I'll start off with the Embrace Your Art challenge:

So Tiare's prompt was nicknames and her challenge was to use a stamp. I didn't have a lot of nicknames throughout my life, so I apologize for the lack of creativity there. I used a star background stamp for my background. I rubbed both dye and pigment inks over it and as you can see, the gesso shows
though. I rediscovered my gelatos over the weekend too, and that's what I used for the yellow around the names.






Here is my PAC card for the Documented Life Project. Their
prompt was to pick a quote and
cover it all except for one word. I
chose two. I also chose a fairly
ugly background that I did a
super long time ago. Then I printed out a quote (I'll be honest, I forgot to write it down, and now I can't remember it, oh well) and picked out the words I wanted to show. I glued it to my background and then painted around the words and all the white so it blended in to the background. I used a silver dot stamp on top of that and I think it looks prettycool.


And last we have my two entries for
Journal52. Their prompts were
"what will you say yes to and what
will you say no to in 2016?"
I chose to say yes to hope in one
journal page. In that page I used a
similar background technique to the
one I used in the Embrace Your Art
challenge. Only this time I drew
with white pastels instead of
stamping with gesso. Another fun
thing is that I used Sakura Diamond
Glaze on both the words and the
flower so it's all raised and shiny.






And here we have my opposite entry. The super fun thing about it is that I bought a new precision tip glue gun and some gold metallic glue sticks and I used them for the first time on this page. It was so much fun that I think I over did it. I used it around the word strips. The words were written with a chalk pen. And about the words, I have let too much negative thinking run my life for too long and so this year I'm going to change that.


And that's all I have for today. Tomorrow I plan on showing you how I do an acrylic masking tape background, step by step with pics so if you're interested, take a look here tomorrow. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment