Friday, May 6, 2016

An Art Diary

So here I am writing my first official blogger post. I transferred most of my old posts from a wix site to here. Why, you ask? I
Well I figured if I ever needed to stop blogging for awhile, I wouldn't be in jeopardy of losing my blog like I might with my domain name.

So on we go down a new road where I plan to change things up a bit from where I ended at myartjam.com.

I would now like to introduce you to my art diary. I'm very proud of it. I'll take you through some of the first few pages:


As you can see in this first page, I split each page in two so each spread has four dates. I really went for the color blocking but still tried to make each day it's own.


I also used photographs printed from my zip printer to capture the memories of the day. I tried using different elements and techniques.


I love this third page for the depiction of myself in my robe. I folded pink papers over to give it some cool dimension. I also had fun making March 12th. All the squiggly lines behind were painted papers.


This last one might be my favorite so far. On the right side I made tip ins (where there are mini pages you can fold out. Under them are questions for the day and horoscope readings.

I like to use a variety of information about each day. Some of these are:
🔹word of the day
🔹quote of the day
🔹the day's headlines
🔹my horoscope
🔹question of the day
🔹this day in history
🔹joke of the day

I hope you have enjoyed checking out bits and pieces of my personal and art life. I'd super appreciate any comments or questions.

6 comments:

  1. I like your art journal pages very much. You developed your own special style and
    that makes them beautiful and interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait till the books full, but it's taking a loooong time, lol.

      Delete
  2. I love this, thank you for sharing. I love your honesty mixing in the not so good days with joy filled days. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It feels good to read encouraging comments like yours.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I do love this and would love to see more. Your very creative and it gives me inspiration. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete