Saturday, May 28, 2016

Butterfly In Flight Tag

I decided I wanted to learn some new techniques. So I searched the Internet for some fun tutorials I thought I could handle.

So for the last couple days I have attempted one. The tutorial I followed came from the website Paxton Valley Folk Art


I didn't have all the materials she had (yet), so I improvised with what I had. Here in my interpretation:


Here is the original by Deb Paxton:



First I made the butterflies. In the tutorial, Deb used a die to cut the butterfly. I didn't have a die like that, so I used a punch I had and painted them black.




I made a background for the butterflies by tracing the cut punch:



For the black butterflies, I embossed them with some holographic embossing powder. Love the way it turned out.



Now for the tag, I started by smushing some distress inks around:



Deb used some distress markers through a stencil. I didn't have any of those, so I used some gelatos rubbed in by my finger:



There was lattice in the background of the original tag. So I had my handy dandy cricut cut some out:



I colored it with brown distress ink:



I attached it to my tag:



I stamped a smile stamp and embossed it with both a pearl powder and a white powder with a little white glitter sprinkled on while still wet. I ended up choosing the white:




I put it all together and my tag is done!



Again, if you'd like to see the original tutorial go here

Products that I used:


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Heather! Love your background and the butterflies are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful tag, love that you took my tutorial and made it your own. Thank you for the shout out too, much appreciated! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so much for making such a great tutorial:)

      Delete