Saturday, January 9, 2016

Color Challenge - #1

I love some sort of challenge when I make my art. It narrows down all the ideas I have swimming in my head. Color challenges are especially fun because it also narrows
down what supplies I can use. So I decided I'd start my own color challenge for myself. I
went online and found a random color generator at colorsontheweb.com. I clicked the button and here's what it gave me:


So I chose three projects to do using either all or mostly the primary colors; red, yellow, and blue.

My first project was a set of altered puzzle pieces. I love making these. I use wooden puzzles for extra sturdiness and I cover each finished piece with "Sakura" brand 3D Crystal lacquer. Attach a magnet on the back and you've got an awesome diy way to decorate your fridge.


More inchies! I actually combined my color challenge with a swap I'm doing on swapbot. The swaps theme for its inchies was "dream". You have to love Google image search for
making it possible.


Lastly, I made this atc. I plan on using it for another swap too. I used some fun techniques in making it. The background starts with glimmer mist cardstock. You then stamp it with clear ink and pour on some clear embossing powder. After heat drying it, I painted it with acrylics and buffed it to let the stars shine through. And the yellow
stars are chipboard with texture paste stenciled on and painted yellow. Fun stuff.






I would absolutely love it if any of you out there would join me on these color challenges. There's no pressure to what project you do and no time limit. Include a link in the comments section and I will happily post your work in an upcoming post with your permission.



No comments:

Post a Comment