Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Faux Silk Background Tutorial

Today I thought I'd give you all another background tutorial. This one is called a Faux Silk background. I can't remember where I saw it originally. I've been collecting background techniques for years. Anyway, here's what mine looks like:
Here are the supplies you'll need:

🔹card stock
🔹stamp and ink pad
🔹tissue paper
🔹ink sprays

First you ink your stamp. I used a dye ink type.


Then you stamp it on your piece of tissue. I used white tissue because I'll add color later but I suppose you could use colored tissue also. Remember, you're just stamping the tissue.


Then you'll want to crumple your tissue into a small ball.  


Uncrumple your ball very carefully. Try not to rip the tissue. Crumple it up a couple more times.

After its all good and wrinkly, you'll want to cut around your stamped image to apply to your cardstock.

I attached my tissue to my cardstock using a glue stick.

When attaching it, make sure to not do it too smoothly. You want the fine wrinkles to show.


Next I cut my cardstock to size and started spraying with spray inks to give it more color.













And this is my end result:



I decided to use it for a swap on swapbot. The title of the swap is "Butterfly Atc." This is what I came up with:
                                                                
 I would love to see what backgrounds you all make using this technique. Please email me a pic or add a link in the comments section. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment