Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Metallic Art Journal Cover


This was a fairly simple piece. I wanted to join the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blogs current challenge. The challenge was "metallic". I had remembered I had some cool metal words I had gotten off a scrapbooking lot on eBay.


And from there I came up with the idea to make the cover for one of my art journals.

Here is how I did it:

๐Ÿ› I first covered the chipboard cover with a layer of gesso.

๐Ÿ› After the gesso was dry, I painted it with white pearlescent paint.

๐Ÿ› Next, I got out my alcohol inks. I grabbed a dark blue and dark purple, along with a silver.

๐Ÿ› I cut a piece of felt and squirted a color on it and dabbed my cover all over. I did this with all three of my colors.

๐Ÿ› Next I did the same thing, but with an alcohol inks blending solution. This makes the colors run together.

๐Ÿ› After that was done, I turned to my chipboard butterfly and painted it metallic silver.

๐Ÿ› When everything was dry I glued it all in place.

My materials:

I still have a few journals without done covers. I'd love any suggestions for something fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment