Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Vintage Christmas Journal page


I hope everyone had some happy holidays! I made this art journal page for a challenge at Dragons Lair Design Challenge site. The theme was vintage Christmas.

Here is how I made it:

πŸŽ„ I smeared my background with a kelly green and let it dry.

πŸŽ„ I placed some mesh over the green and sponge painted metallic gold over the top.

πŸŽ„ I cut off some red lace, and glued it about an inch in from the left.

πŸŽ„ I placed some Christmas ribbon down and atop the lace edge.

πŸŽ„ I recently bought some craft supplies off eBay and in one of the packages came those gold dots. I spread them about an inch apart on the ribbon.

πŸŽ„ Next I printed my vintage Santa to the size I needed.

πŸŽ„ I placed the Santa and my "surprise" piece to see where I would want my snowflakes.

πŸŽ„ The snowflakes are sparkly foam stickers I got from the "Dollar Tree" this year. I stuck them down.

πŸŽ„ I decided I wanted my Santa to stick out a little bit. So I used foam pieces that were sticky on both sides to attach my Santa to the page.

It surprised me a little that I didnt do more holiday art. What about you? Was this a crafty Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment