Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Gothic Arch ATC


This is for a group swap on swapbot. All cards are to made in the Gothic arch style of ATC. I took a simple approach to this card but I loved how it turned out and so therefore, wanted to share it with you.

Here's how I made her:

πŸŒ€ First off, I wasn't sure the exact dimensions of a Gothic arch and so had to guess a little. I hope I got it right.

πŸŒ€ I decided to use one of my bubble wrap methods for background technique.

πŸŒ€ I first painted the cut shape purple.

πŸŒ€ When that dried, I painted bubble wrap with another purple and let that dry too.

πŸŒ€ My last layer of bubble wrap paint was a purple glitter paint.

πŸŒ€ I had printed the image of the woman several weeks before because I liked it and knew I'd want to use it eventually. I thought it would go well with this card.

πŸŒ€ All that was left was placing the pieces; I glued the girl image first. Followed by the word love. Next came the rhinestone and flowers.

πŸŒ€ I decided to glue the sparkly blue string on before the German scrap so the scrap would cover the string.
πŸŒ€ All that was left was to outline thee word love.

I rarely save images for later but what about you? Do any of you mixed media artists out there hoard images to be used later?

No comments:

Post a Comment