Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Lucky Journal Page


There was once a time in my life that I tried to learn the Irish tenor banjo. If anything, it deepened my love for all things Irish, including St. Patrick's day. That's why I was excited to do Creative Corner's Challenge. The theme is "good luck", so I gave my entry a St paddy's day flare.

There's not much to it, but here's how I put it together:

🍀 You can't see it too well, but I made my background by sticking strips of masking tape to my card stock.

🍀 Once the page was covered with tape, I mixed some metallic gold, light green, and gloss Modge Podge. I painted the mixture on my page.

🍀 The rest of the page just involves gluing the elements to the page. I used a "luck o' the Irish" sticker, along with some Pom Pom ribbon and mulberry flowers.

🍀 I had printed the leprechaun image from my iPad. And I punched four leaf clovers out of sparkly paper and glued green pearls in the center.

I have a tendency to forget to dress my kids in green on St. Patrick's day. So when the holiday nears, I would appreciate any reminders😜

No comments:

Post a Comment