Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 5 - Art Journal 2016, Part 2

Before I start with the journal pages, I've got a quick little announcement. I'm really excited because I was asked to join the design team of TWO wonderful arts and crafts challenge sites! I am very proud to be joining the sites Incy Wincy Challenge Blog and Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog. I'll be posting my work for them here after the challenge goes live, with hopefully my "how I did it pictures" in tow. So please support me by checking in.

Alright. It's time to finish up my week 5 in my art journal challenges. Today I've got my entries for Embrace Your Art 


I will start with Embrace Your Art whose prompt was "your hometown" and challenge was to use corrugated cardboard. I mostly hail from the awesome town of Chico, California:


And here's a run down with pics of what I did:

For my background, I sprayed glimmer mists both on the whole page and thru a stencil. And then dripped some green over top that:


I printed out some pictures of Chico that I thought I'd use:

I then sprayed my cardboard and a white piece of card stock (for the "Chico" and "California" ) with a different color glimmer mist. (I'll list my supplies at the end of this post.)

Next, I stamped the words:

And I cut out my cardboard:

Then all I had left was to put it together:

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment