Sunday, February 21, 2016

Embrace Your Art and The DLP Week 7

I'm a little late getting my week 7 art journal challenges finished but here they are.

I'll start with Embrace Your Art. Last weeks prompt was "your goals" and the challenge was "to add stitching."
I decided to take the prompt pretty literal and actually state my goals in writing.


And this is how I made it:

I did a "wet on wet" background (I plan on making a step by step tutorial for it someday soon.)


The challenge was to add stitching. I didn't feel like getting out my sewing machine. So I hand stitched to make spaces for my different goals:



I picked out some alpha stickers to title my page:


I used a couple of my favorite apps to make and print the words I used:



After I glued everything down, I went around the words with metallic gel pen:



And there's  my page!



I also have my week view page done for The Documented Life Project:



The challenge for the week was to use several shades of one color.
So I got out some water soluble pastels that I recently bought and colored each day a different shade of green:



I stamped it with a dragonfly stamp a couple of times:




I stuck on a dragonfly sticker too.

And here are my pages once more:


No comments:

Post a Comment