Friday, February 19, 2016

Color Me Positive - Week 6 and 7

I'm starting this post a little embarrassed. As I'm sure you might have noticed already, both of my journal pages have the same quote. I made them for the Color Me Positive art journal challenge and they have a different quote each week.

When I made them, I was working on them at the same time plus a couple of other things. I guess the quote got stuck in my head.

But I decided to share them both anyway because I worked hard on them. And I hope you enjoy them as well.



I'll go over week 6 first. It was the week the quote belonged to. The challenge was to do some stamping.


I started this page by punching squares out of random scrap paper I had:



I glued them to my page using mod podge:


I ended up choosing the black color to fill in the space between rows of squares:

On a separate piece of paper, I painted it black. When it was dry I painted a layer of sparkle podge:


I punched stars out of the black, sparkly paper:


I glued them to the center of my squares:


While that dried, I stamped the words of the quote on white cardstock:



After I cut them out and glued them to my page, I went around the edges with a green, metallic gel pen:

And that's it.  This page was pretty simple.





Now for my page with the wrong quote.



The quote that was supposed to go with it was:

Wherever you go, 
go with all your heart.

And the challenge was to collage. 
And so I found some collage elements I wanted to use online and printed them 
out:


I used a Saran Wrap technique to make my background:



I used acrylics to paint my flower stems:



I glued on my elements to my page and went around them with a gel crayon. I smudged the colors so they'd blend:


I wrote the quote by hand. Too bad it was the wrong one😁

No comments:

Post a Comment