Wednesday, February 17, 2016

"Cute" for Aud Sentiments

This will be my very first post and project for Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog. I am thrilled to be on their team.

Their current challenge for the next couple of weeks is "cute" plus a sentiment. Here is my project for it:


I had a super fun time making it. It even required a trip to the dollar store.

Here's the gist of how I made it:

I chose a very cute image made by bugaboo stamps. I also looked online for an appropriate sentiment. The sentiment I found goes like this:

Like glimmering dust
On fairy wings,
Little girls dreams
Are magical things

I used an app to write my sentiment and size my image:

I colored my little girl using watercolor pencils:

 I also sparkle podged her wings:


I covered a piece of chipboard with a pretty scrapbook paper:

Here's where it gets more interesting. It's difficult to see in the picture but I used a piece of packaging plastic as a sort of pocket window for my girl to sit in (I had to go to the dollar store to get the perfect size).

I glued some grass border to the inside of the plastic pocket:


I glued the piece of plastic with my girl inside to my chipboard:


I covered the edge of the plastic packaging with washi tape. I also made a border with it for my sentiment to go on:


My final touches were a bow for the girls hair and some glitter glue around the edges. You can see the plastic packaging better here:

And that was that. I had a lot of fun with this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment