Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Color Challenge #4 with a Tutorial

I have decided that I'm going to try my best at including some sort of tutorial in every post. And hopefully once a week an involved altered art tutorial. I hope you all will enjoy that.

So I gave myself another color challenge. The palette is courtesy of colourpod.com. This time instead of hitting random, I purposely looked for Valentines Day colors:

The project I'm going to walk you through, I actually made for a couple of challenges and a swap on swap bot. The challengers are:

I will also be posting a few product links of the key products I used at the end of this post. 

Here's my finished piece:


My project is a 5x5 journal page. I started with a background I made by laying my card stock in alcohol inks and a blending solution. I will do a step by step picture tutorial of this method soon.


I have a whole drawer full of pre-made backgrounds scraps. And so I pulled out some that matched my scheme for the flags:


I inked up the sides of my flags with a Kaleidoscope brand ink palette.


I moved on to the envelope which I painted with water colors.


Real quickly, I have to tell you about a craft supply I bought. It is "make your own rub ons." You can either stamp an image to rub on, or print one from your computer. It's really neat. I'll have the product info at the bottom of the post if you want to check it out.

I printed some flourishes on the rub on paper and rubbed it on my envelope.



I gathered the rest of my supplies; some tule ribbon and punchenella (also known as sequin scrap.)

I attached them to my page and also added a little embossing in a couple places.


I felt it needed one last touch, so I added a border of metal tape dyed with alcohol ink.


And here it is one more time.

I also made a couple more projects for my color challenge that I plan to swap.


Here is some mail art:
The front of it is pretty much the same as the back. I plan to cover it in clear packaging tape once I put the addresses on.

And here is a Gothic arch atc. I used the "make your own rub ons" for this project as well. I had also printed some words.


And there you have it!

Thank you so much for checking it out. What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment