Monday, February 15, 2016

"Personalize it" for Insy Winsy

Thank you for checking out my first project as an official design team member of the challenge blog Insy Winsy. Doing projects for the challenge blogs have been an interesting change for me because I must utilize the digital images which I haven't had much experience with yet.

The theme for this Insy Winsy challenge is "Personalize it?" (Btw, any and all of you are more than welcome to take part in this challenge.)

Here is what I came up with:


I decided to alter one of the Kraft binders I recently bought. I "personalized it" with my name.


Here is how I made it:

I printed the image I used (by Oddball Art) onto card stock.


I colored it using colored pencils and then added sparkle podge to the girls wings and heart on a string. I then cut it out using scissors:

Setting the girl aside, I worked on the words.

Using a text on photo application and my cricut I was able to cut my name and the heart word:

I painted them red and used more sparkle podge:

I set those aside too.

I decided to use tissue paper for my background. I applied it to my binder using matte modge podge. As you can see I left the red on the binder alone, thinking it would match my words:

After it was glued and set, I painted it all black:


Once the black paint was dry, I took a colored pastel to it by rubbing the binder with the pastels side:


After I attached all my elements I thought it needed just a touch more. So added some purple glitter paint:


And there you have it:

Again, if you'd like to join the challenge, you can find it at Insy Winsy Challenge Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment