Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Love is in the Air Journal Page

I have started about ten different art journals and few are particularly full. I'm not sure I've even completed one!

Because of that, I decided to pick one up and do a page. I found a couple of challenges for it online to make it a bit more interesting.

The two challenges I concentrated on were Mixed Media World and Simon Says Stamping Monday challenge.

"Love is in the air" was Mixed Media Worlds challenge and "to try something new was Simon Says.

Here's my page:


I'm assuming you can see the "love" in my page. The "try something new" is that this is the first time I've drawn or painted people in a very long time. Usually I collage them from photographs.

Now here's a little tutorial of how I did it:

I made a red marbleized  background:



I stamped some gold and yellow pigment ink through a lacey stencil on parts of the page:


I had also drawn out my couple:



I painted them with acrylics:



The third thing I did was make some glitter hearts. I started by cutting them from folded card stock:



I painted them red:



After the paint was dry, I smothered them with mod podge:



I then sprinkled glitter on:



Lastly, I sealed the glitter with another coat of mod podge:


I put everything together and added a couple more elements, and my page is complete:



No comments:

Post a Comment