Sunday, March 6, 2016

Embrace Your Art, Week 9

I'm posting a little late for Embrace Your Arts week 9. I actually had it done a few days ago.

Week 9's prompt was "your favorite food" and the challenge was to use a straw.

My favorite food at the moment happens to be "Lucky Charms." I embarrassedly admit that lately I've been eating three plus bowls a day. Good thing it's fortified.

Here's my work:


And here's how I made it:

I started by gessoing my page:




Then I used a straw to blow several colors of India ink all over my page. Here's me blowing my first color:




Here's how it turned out once all the colors were on:



I needed a blanker space for my cereal bowl so I painted half my page with iridescent paint:





I drew my cereal bowl on my iPad:



I printed and cut it out. And then colored it with alcohol markers:



I printed and cut out my words I used:




I outlined the words with watercolor crayons:


And there you have it!



No comments:

Post a Comment