Friday, September 25, 2015

Butterflies #1



I have a mini binder. It holds 3x5 note cards. I thought it would be fun to make it into a tiny art journal for ATC sized work. So when I did my butterfly ATC for a swap on swapbot. I made another piece using the same techniques for my mini journal.

🌀 For the background, I put gobs of paint on my cardstock in two colors. I covered the thick paint with Saran wrap. I smushed it around a little and let it dry.

🌀 The butterflies are some cool lacey stickers that I got at the dollar store. I attached them to my cards.

🌀 I punched out some small flowers using a punch and glued them in place.

🌀 I put a bead in the middle of each one.

🌀 Next, I painted the body of the butterfly and some of the wings with metallic paint.

🌀 When all that was dry, I ran the edge of my card against a clear stamp pad and then sprinkled metallic embossing powder over and embossed it with my heat gun.

🌀 After all that, I thought the flowers needed something. So I took a gel pen to all of them.

I like the way they both turned out and I'm happy I got to use those dollar store stickers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment