Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Beautiful Bird Atc



This ATC was done for a "Beautiful Bird ATC" swap on swapbot. It did not turn out exactly how I wanted. I'll take you through the steps and tell you why:

πŸŒ€ First, I knew that I wanted to use a frame on myATC. So I picked out the sparkly white one I had. (Btw, does anyone know what sort of "thing" I need to cut chipboard into shapes?)

πŸŒ€ Next I picked my image and printed it out. I have an iPad and it makes it very easy to get the right size I need.

πŸŒ€ I made the background by dropping two different shades of red metallic paint on my card stock. I then took a brayer and rolled over the drops till the card was covered with the paint.

πŸŒ€ I glued the image and frame into place.

πŸŒ€ Here's where things got messed up. I had wanted use puffy paint with glitter added over it to my card. My original thought was for it to be white puffy paint. But when I went to apply it, I realized it had dried up. So I used clear puffy paint to make the lines in the corners.

πŸŒ€ I had really hoped that when I put my white glitter over the puffy paint, it would give me the look I wanted. But, I think my glitter may have been too fine. So it is, what it is. 

πŸŒ€ I thought about adding some rhinestones, but instead decided to add a little design with acrylic paints.

I still think puffy paint and glitter is a fun idea. Next time, I'll use a different color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment