Sunday, October 4, 2015

Autumn Journal Page

I haven't done a challenge from a challenge site for a little while now so I thought I'd give it a go again.

I always have to read the challenge sites carefully because the challenge rules are always different. A lot of them are cards only. I'm thinking about making cards again soon, but right now I'm into journaling.

I chose a challenge from "A Gem Of A Challenge". Their theme is autumn.


Here is how I made it:

🌀 I started making the background by mixing metallic gold and metallic bronze with gesso.

🌀 I had my 5 year old pick out a stencil and I stenciled the gesso mixture on my page.

🌀 Then I made a brown glimmer mist by using 25% brown metallic paint and the rest water. I also added a teaspoon of brown mica powder.

🌀 I sprayed it over the page after my gesso had dried.

🌀 While that was drying, I had my brand new Cricut cut out the leaves.

🌀 I painted the smaller ones with sparkle podge.

🌀 After my page was dry, I attached the mesh tape (you can get it at the dollar store in the automotive section) and the ribbon.

🌀 Since this was a journal page, I thought it could use more paint. So I painted the edges and along the ribbon with gold metallic acrylics. 

🌀 It took me a couple of different layouts before I decided to use the "live, laugh, love" words. I glued them on along with the big leaf and the smaller sparkly ones.

🌀 I finished it off by adding a rhinestone in the center of the leaves. 

Before I go, I wanted to show you a new way how I am keeping my ephemera:



Sticky photo albums! I ordered a couple more for my cut out ephemera too!

No comments:

Post a Comment