Thursday, October 15, 2015

Halloween Tag


This tag was made for a swap on swapbot. One of the reasons I wanted to do this swap, was because I seem to have a ton of Halloween embellishments. I thought this would give me a chance to use some. Here's how I made it:

🔸 I started by cutting cardstock to the size the swap called for. I'll be honest, I don't remember the exact dimensions, but it was to be the size of a large Manila tag. For the background, and the bag of the tag too, I first painted it a dark orange.

🔸 When the dark orange was dry, I used two lighter shades of orange to paint bubble wrap and use it as a stamp on top of the darker color. I stamped it a few times, so the circles overlapped.

🔸 I had decided I wanted to use the ghost I picked out in front of a halloweenish background. So I searched the Internet till I found the right one. I did have to crop it to get the size I needed. Go iPads!

🔸 I also printed an orange moon for the spider to go on.

🔸 I used some German scrap borders to go around the dark scene.

🔸 Before I attached my ghost and spider, I painted both printed images with "Hard Coat Modge Podge".

🔸 I didn't have any orange or black thread or fibers, so I ended up using sequin thread.

I do like how it turned out, though it could of used a little more, if you know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment