Wednesday, June 1, 2016

"Vacation" for Crafters Cafe

This projects was done for the challenge blog "The Crafters Cafe." The theme for this week is vacation. (Boy, wouldn't I love to go on one, but I just started graphic design school!)

The digi image I used for this project comes from Lacy Sunshine. I believe the image is called "gone fishing."

I recently bought myself 10 or 12 Kraft binders in various sizes to fill up with artistic planners and art journaling. I filled one up with weeks 1-18 of the Color Me Positive art journaling challenge. But the binder itself looked dull. 


So I decided for this Crafters Cafe project, I'd decorate the back inside cover:

altered binder


I started by coloring the digi image of the girl with Prisma colored pencils:

lacy sunshine



I did the background using wet watercolor  and rock salt:

rock salt background


I painted a little pond scene using craft paints:

rock salt background



I cut out some leafy shapes with my cricut and painted them to match the scene:



cricut cuts



I attached my girl using "scrap dots" by Helmar adhesives. It gives demension to your project without using those foamy stickers:

lacy sunshine


I grabbed some chipboard letters and gave them a coat of gesso:

chipboard letters



I painted them a pearlescent blue and attached them to my page:



chipboard letters




And now my art binder looks a little more filled in and artsy:



binder art journal


Products I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment